- If you are in immediate danger, call 911.
- For help at any time, call our 24-Hour hotline: Violence Intervention Project Crisis Line: 1-800-660-6667
If you or someone you love is in an abusive situation or experiencing violence, we can help! We know how hard it is to take the first step or to be scared for someone you know who is in an abusive relationship. And we can help you through this difficult time in your life. We care about you.
Violence Intervention serves victims and survivors of domestic and sexual violence, and their families. Trained advocates are available 24 hours a day to speak with you, help assess your needs and safety and provide information. We can also help locate needed resources, or help in deciding if reporting a rape or an assault is the right option for you.
All of our services are free and confidential and open to people of all genders in Pennington, Kittson, Marshall, Red Lake and Roseau Counties.
- Temporary emergency shelter
- 24- Hour Toll-free crisis line – Anonymous calls accepted
- Safe Hotel for those who are unable to utilize VIP’s shelter
- Safety Planning
- Support Groups – Call for further information. Groups are available in various locations and times
- Assistance with protection orders and accompaniment to court proceedings. Advocates can even attend court on the victim’s behalf
- A safe and confidential place for victim’s to share their story in a private and nonjudgmental environment
- Assistance with basic need items and safety items
- VIP may be able to provide you with transitional housing or assistance with permanent housing