VIP has a Child Advocate that focuses on the needs of children in trauma due to domestic or sexual violence. Services may include personal advocacy and emotional support, assistance with necessities and other needs that the child may have. The child advocate will also provide community outreach through training available for school staff, childcare staff and parents on how to support children impacted by domestic & sexual violence.
We also provide community outreach through training for class rooms, school or childcare staff, and parents regarding bulling, domestic violence sexual assault and teen dating.
Our Child Advocacy program will work with families in trauma. Services may include:
- Crisis intervention
- Information and referral
- Youth support group
- Personal advocacy and emotional support
- Criminal justice assistance and support
- Assistance securing emergency services such as shelter, food, child care, clothing and other necessities
- Transportation as necessary and appropriate
- Assistance accessing human/social/family services
Child Advocacy Advocate