Violence Intervention Project serves victims of domestic and sexual violence through crisis call response, emergency assistance, advocacy support, shelter, supervised visitation services and other housing support. A trained advocate is available 24 hours a day to listen, help assess needs and safety, and help locate needed resources or help in deciding if reporting a rape or an assault is the right option.We know how hard it is to take the first step or to be scared for someone you know who is in an abusive relationship. We’re here to listen and provide options in moving forward.
All VIP services are free and confidential and open to people of all genders in Pennington, Kittson, Marshall, Red Lake and Roseau Counties.
- A safe and confidential place for victims to share their story in a private and non-judgmental environment
- Safety planning
- Assistance with protection orders
- Accompaniment to court proceedings
- Support and accompaniment during a sexual assault exam at the emergency room
- Support Groups
- Supervised Visitation and Safe exchanges (located in Thief River Falls)
- Emergency and transitional housing